Sunday 14 April 2013

Norton's Hut

Here is Hamish's story about Norton from Norton's Hut . Make sure you check out Caleb's Post from last week if you haven't already.



NORTON by Hamish Markland

The moment we stepped into the hut I felt something was strange, moments before we were yahooing and loud but as I opened the door my face dropped and made everyone wonder what I had seen.
Sitting by the fire was the silhouette of a man as we came through the door the man slowly turned his head towards us, the hood his oilskin jacket doing its best to cover his face. His dark, shaky eyes piercing us with a paralyzing gaze cautiously we tiptoed into the hut and laid our pack down on our bunks strangely the man had no gear of his own other than what he had on him. We try to talk to him but strangely there is no reply, we ask him where he came from or if he wanted food but he refused with a slight shake on his head and turned back to the fire which cast a sinister shadow on the wall. We caught our last glimpse of the dark figure before we went to bed. The next morning we woke up and it was just like he was never there… he was gone!

1 comment:

  1. To Hamish.
    Hi my name is Gloria. I am in room1 from St Marys school in Hastings. I really wanted to read the rest of your story because I as getting really curious of who the man was, why he didn't have any gear and where he had disappered to. Great work!

    ReplyDelete