Thursday 13 June 2013

Celebrating our Role Models for Matariki

Matariki is a time to come together as a whanau and a time for celebration. In room 14 we are celebrating the shining stars in our lives-the role models that we look up to. Read and enjoy.

My Uncle Adam
My uncle Adam is a role model to me because he fought cancer and he is still alive today. That takes guts, because he must have been scared and if he died the world would be a horrible place without him.

I love him. He is an awesome uncle. He is a hard working man. He respects lots of people. He works for W.C. Public Health, his job is to help people who have cancer. He organises wood and coal if they need it, he sits and listens to their old stories. Sometimes he even takes them out for a meal. When an old person is about to die he would take them to a nice quiet restaurant and get them something to suck on.

He is a caring, loving person everyday that’s why I am inspired by him.
The best thing is that he has just found out recently that he is going to be a Dad! So I’m going to have another cuzzie!

He’s just awesome My Uncle Adam!


By Jack Olsen


MY UNCLE ANDREW by Riley G

My Uncle Andrew is my role model. This is because at school he couldn’t read or write, but boy, if he saw something that was broken he could fix it as quick as lightning. The awesome thing is that he made cars that won top car awards and sold them for great amounts of money. And even though he couldn’t read or write, he persevered.

It’s great that he can read and write now.  I like how he built me a ramp for my scooter and how he built a coal and garden shed for his house. He’s amazing. This is why my Uncle Andrew is my inspiration.



5 comments:

  1. Wow your uncles seem so cool!!

    Zac Room 1 St Marys

    ReplyDelete
  2. To jack
    Sad that your uncle had cancer.
    From Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Andrew

    Your uncle Riley sounds awesome.

    From Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. to riley ure uncle sowns cool.
    from caleb

    ReplyDelete
  5. to Riley
    Your uncle sounds really amazing.
    from Tessa

    ReplyDelete